Designed as a light weight, cost-effective machine for the contractor or consultant who only needs to do fast, economical, shallow holes. Although designed to drill to 10 m the optimum depth is 1 ½ to 2 m for both Auger Sampling and MC 5 Push Probe holes. The drilling method is altered by changing the bolt on head to either a hammer or auger drive. Both these options are easily fitted with the minimum of tools and equipment.
A petrol engine driving a direct coupled gear pump with a generous hydraulic tank is the standard power pack.
- Pull back is 3,500 Kg
- Push down 2,000 kg (depending on the carrier)
- Rotation speed for the auger 120 Rpm
- Blow frequency for the hammer 1,700 Bpm
- The Auger configuration has a safety screen to prevent accidental contact with the rotating drill string and a guide for 3 ½ (nominal) augers.
- The mast is weighted to be easily manually raised.
- Drilling loads are taking on the mast via an adjustable foot.
While our preference is for a dedicated carrier, as an option the sampler uses the tried and proven Eziprobe technology for the drill, the innovation is not in the drill but the sub frame that attaches the machine to the carrier. On a small drill like this one, much of the expense is in dedicating a carrier for a drill that might not be used full time. The sub-frame design allows the machine to be fitted to a number of commercial steel drop side ute trays and pickups, thus allowing the carrier to be used for other things when not drilling or hiring a vehicle when needed. The rig can be easily lifted off (or on) with either an overhead crane or fork lift.